Monday, January 19, 2009

Music Memory Monday

Probably one of the greatest song writers of all time in my humble opinion. Warren Zevon's Play It All Night Long is one of my favorites from him, but honestly I had a hard time picking just one. Drive By Truckers the alt/country band did a cover of this recently and it is awesome. He reminds me of Summer and guitar players, and rock and roll and sexy men with glasses all rolled into one. His songs make me smile, and cry and shake my head. He brings back so many memories it almost hurts to listen to him....

The Pixies (my all time favorite) were part of a bunch of artists who did a tribute album to Zevon and they covered Ain't That Pretty At All, another one of my favorites. He was most known for Werewolves of London, but honestly he didn't receive near the recognition he deserved. His life was too short as a lot of the great musicians seem to be, but his music still lives on in my iPod anyway...and thankfully on youtube!

Music Memory Monday is brought to you today by the letter M and the number 3. Oh wait sorry , Sesame Street was on. What I mean is Music Memory Monday is brought to you by two of my newest favorite bloggers, well they aren't new they're kind of old...not old age wise but blogging wise...you know what I mean .....Diane over at Good Morning Glory and Jeff and Me + Three So go check them out and play along with us on Music Memory Monday!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

I love music Mondays. Great way to start the week.

Diane said...

awesome song! thanks for playing! i really love your taste in music! and i think sharing all this music is a great way to get more into ppls personalities and the way they think! so i'm glad to be getting to know you better! :)

good save on the "old" thing! lol! at first i was like, what is she trying to say??! lol

Mama Dawg said...

I love Warren. I also love the Pixies.

Vic said...

Oh, I miss Warren Zevon! A nice start to Monday!

Pseudo said...

I love Warren, and now I think I'll start loving me some music Mondays.

jori-o said...

That's a rockin' good song! I need to check more of his stuff out--I have a feeling I'll recognize a lot of his music!

Thanks for playing!

Dr Zibbs said...

Yeah he was great. Too bad Tom Cruise had to go and ruin Werewolves of London.

Mimi said...

Fun song!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could play along with that little game but my musical memory lasts about 10 minutes. :(

Captain Dumbass said...

Wow! It's like we're psychicly (bwah ha haaa! I'm not going to fix that) connected. Can you feel it? Zevon is making a cameo in my character story. Well, his music. And the Pixies? You are WAY cool.

Casey said...

I totally bought into the Sesame Street Theme. It made sense, as the mother of an Elmo addict.