Friday, December 5, 2008

I Feel Pretty



Well Heinous over at Irregularly Periodic Ruminations http://http//h31n0us.blogspot.com/ (I still haven't figured out how to link people without having to do all that. I hate my ignorance) gave me this kick ass award today and I am eternally grateful and not just for the acknowledgment, but for actually giving me something to write about since my brain seems to have taken a vacation without my consent lately. So here is my pretty award and the instructions that come along with it.


1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.

2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.

3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.

Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then "add image" it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the "picture" widget. Also, don't forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.



Addictions first:


1.) I'll start with the most obvious one I can think of and that's running. I love it. And I do believe that if I had to or was forced to stop running, say in some sort of bizarre kidnapping scheme, or an accident where my legs were broken, or the possible threat of World destruction if I were to lace up another Adidas I do believe that I would go into withdrawal which is what an addiction is right? Something you can't live without. If I don't run for more than a day I am cranky, some might even go as far as to say bitchy (gasp), tired, and my legs start to twitch (no lie) So I love it and as addictions go I guess it is better than most things, let's say crack for example.

2.) My computer. Whether it be emailing, IMing or blogging it is my lifeline to friends, family and love ones. I miss it when I don't have it, and if my computer isn't working for some reason or another I am incredibly antsy and usually go and run, shop, or eat to help displace the anxiety. I can say it is definitely my drug of choice.

3.) Shopping. Now I know as a budding therapist, I should shame myself into admitting the real reasons that I shop the way I do, usually impulsively with no thought as to how the light bill will get paid if I buy that beautiful jacket or expensive pair of shoes. I should know its textbook, not feeling good about myself and trying to buy material things to make me feel love for myself. Right? Really? I don't know I guess it could be true but hell it is soo much fun. It really does make me feel good when I find a good deal or even when I don't. I get a little jolt of excitement when I think about how good my feet will look in my new pair of boots I plan to wear tomorrow night. Sad...but true I make no apologies and I absolutely am addicted to shopping.

4.)Food. Definitely a fabulous addiction food and beverages I am gonna say. I love food and trying new food and making new foods even though I royally suck at the whole cooking process is something I love to do. I love to eat out and try new restaurants, but I also love the whole comfy feeling of my regular dive bar and the way it can make me feel happy and full and satisfied all at the same time. Food and drinks that can bring people together and enjoy each others company is an awesome thing.

5.) Man 5 addictions is kind of tough...seriously I have no idea what else I could be addicted to? Men? A great pair of jeans? The smell of Elmer's Glue and those little pink erasers? All good things.

I am not gonna name anyone specifically just because I love you all so if you want the pretty fab award its all yours. I can't wait to read all about your addictions! Thank you again Heinous. I know I see alot of my favorite bloggers over at his site, but if you haven't checked him out he writes a definitely addicting blog!

7 comments:

Cameron said...

Congratulations on the award...well deserved!!! Have a great weekend.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Congrats! And yay! I'm 2nd! I feel like I've been behind in commenting all day!

♥ Braja said...

Oh, bless him. He's generous with wit, laughs, comments, and awards.

Anndi said...

Congrats!

You'll get the hang of links and other good blog stuff with time. ;)

Vodka Mom said...

congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Here's a quick reference for how to create links:

this link text will take you to this URL:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

Unknown said...

I run, but I can't say I'm addicted to it. It's more like I run to spite running. I'll teach it a lesson one of these days.