Monday, September 22, 2008

January 31, 2008 The anwser is tampons, baby wipes and q-tips

OK so what's the million dollar question? Things you don't flush down your toilet or else you will have to spend $2000 to have a plumber dig up your yard and replace the pipe. Yep that was my good news today and a little friendly reminder to all my peoples...

Now I know that logically in my head none of those things should be going down a toilet but it says they can on the tampon box or on the Kandu box of "flushable" wipes for my kids...nope think again. My lovely plumber Mark from Arnold and Sons (who are the biggest crooks ever) told me they got half of a 5 gallon bucket full of all that shit, and what was causing my laundry drain to back up (why I called them in the first place) was only partly due to the fact that there is a big root blocking it, which they probably could have rooter rootered but all the tampons, qtips and diaper wipes formed this kind of barrier like a bunch of gooey wet t-shirts...aghhhh so their super mighty blades could not get to the root....Disgusting and fairly effective for appetite control I know...

So please all of you who have the great honor and responsibility of owning your own home...haha don't put stuff down your toilet besides good ole TP even though the guy at Lowe's tells you you can flush 74 golf balls down the toilet I have...don't believe him...they will only end up clogging your drain and you'll be shelling out $380 an hour for a plumber...

Damn why couldn't any of the men (or women for that matter) in my family be plumbers? Or mechanics, or lawyers? The 3 major things I seem to have spent money on this year? Oh well so if anyone is out and about and wants to see a big excavator dig a big hole in my front lawn tomorrow around noon come on by...unless that is it snows more than 6 inches tonight

No comments: